How We Work
Collaborate. Innovate. Evaluate.
- Common Agenda: We connect organizations that have a role in improving the health of the community and collaborate with them on initiatives. We help them work toward common health related goals and promote their efforts.
- Shared Measurements Systems: We help organizations use health data to prioritize and gauge the success of their efforts. We assemble and analyze community health data to be shared and used by all in the community.
- Mutually Reinforcing Activities: We connect a diverse group of partners who work together in a coordinated, supportive way that complements the unique activities of the other stakeholders. Our role includes filling gaps in activities that meet the following selection criteria:
- Do the projects fill a population level gap or need?
- Is there a solid evidence base for their potential effectiveness?
- Is there a feasible 1-3 year pilot phase to prove it works?
- Can it eventually be sustained and/or spun off to a local organization
- Continuous Communication: We maintain continuous communication with partners to encourage engagement, networking, and resource sharing. We promote partner accomplishments, communicating and disseminating results, success stories, and project information. We can assist with messaging outreach for community health campaigns, maintaining a repository of opensource editable materials in multiple mediums that can be re-logoed.
- Backbone Support Organization: We provide dedicated staff to facilitate and convene a diverse group of community partners around a common agenda, using shared measures while assisting with data collection and reporting, and regular communications to stakeholders and the community. We can provide assistance with grant management or we can serve as the fiscal agent to administer, track, and report on grants with multiple funded partners.